2013 Senior Investor Education Conference
The 2013 Massachusetts Securities Division's Senior Investor Education Conference was held on June 14, 2013 in Boston, Massachusetts. Topics included:
- Tips on how to avoid scams and how to check a salesperson’s registration status and disciplinary record
- What questions you should ask before buying that “no risk/high yield investment”
- What you should know about professional designations and free lunch seminars
- Learning what suitability obligations a broker-dealer has and how those differ from the fiduciary duty of an investment adviser
- Where to get help and how to file a complaint
The conference was a success and we thank all those who took time out of their busy schedules to attend.
Additional materials are available. If you were unable to attend the conference, the Division has a very limited number of printed conference materials still available. If you would like a copy, please call our office at (617) 727-3548 to request one. We will be happy to mail you a copy on a first come, first served basis.
Again, thank you to all those who attended.
The Massachusetts Securities Division