How To...

Contact My City or Town Hall:

Helpful Telephone Listings for your City/Town Hall

Find a state office:

Citizen's Guide to State Services (State Government Listed Alphabetically)

Find a state office by subject matter:

Go to the Citizen's Guide to browse subjects

Find an elected official:

Who are my elected officials, where do I vote?

Constitutional Offices


Lieutenant Governor

Secretary of the Commonwealth

Attorney General

Treasurer and Receiver-General


Governor's Council

State Senators and Representatives:

The President, U.S. Senators and U.S. Congress:

For locally elected officials, we recommend you contact your city or town clerk's office:

Find educational resources for teachers and students:

Ask CIS:

Since 1975, Citizen Information Service’s goal has been to assist citizens connect to the many state agencies where they may seek information on programs and or to seek assistance or redress with the government offices that we citizens interact with. While we cannot answer every question the public is invited to send us their questions as they relate to state government. Please understand we do not provide any legal services or opinions, nor do we advocate on behalf of the citizens. You may call, fax or e-mail us at the contact information below; our hours are Monday through Friday 8:45 am to 5:00 pm, closed most holidays.

Citizen Information Service (CIS)
Secretary of the Commonwealth
One Ashburton Place, Room 1611
Boston, MA 02108-1512
Tel: 617-727-7030
Toll Free: 1-800-392-6090 (within Mass. only)
TTY: 617-878-3889
Fax: 617-742-4528