Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Citizens' Guide to State Services

Published by
William Francis Galvin
Secretary of the Commonwealth
Citizen Information Service

Welfare/Social Services: Appeals

S2 Division of Hearings

S3 Fair Hearing Unit

S2 Division of Hearings
Executive Office of Health and Human Services
Department of Transitional Assistance
600 Washington Street
Boston, MA 02111
Tel: 617-348-5321
Toll Free: 1-800-882-2017 (within Mass. only)
Fax: 617-348-5311

If an applicant is unhappy with the action or payment of the Department of Transitional Assistance, the notice received should be filled out and mailed to the Division of Hearings. If no notice was received, the applicant should request a "General Client" appeals form from the Division of Hearings or any local transitional assistance office and should return the completed form to the division. Complaints against social workers should be made in writing to the division.

S3 Fair Hearing Unit
Executive Office of Health and Human Services
Department of Children and Families
600 Washington Street, 6th Floor
Boston, MA 02111
Tel: 617-748-2030

DCF provides every consumer with information and access to the appeal process through its' Fair Hearing Office. Whenever the agency reduces, curtails, or denies services, the consumer is assisted in making an appeal, should he/she choose to do so.

Go back to the:

Citizens' Guide to State Services Table of Contents

Search Citizens Information Service Home PageHome Page of the Secretary of the Commonwealth