Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Citizens' Guide to State Services

Published by
William Francis Galvin
Secretary of the Commonwealth
Citizen Information Service

Transportation: Diesel Fuel Permits

Q11 Miscellaneous Tax Unit
Department of Revenue
200 Arlington Street
Chelsea, MA 02150
Tel: 617-887-5060
Gasoline: 617-887-5070
Motor Carriers: 617-887-5060
Special Fuels: 617-887-5040

Permits for any commercial vehicle which uses diesel fuel, now known as IFTA (International Fuel Tax Agreement), are issued by this department. Applications may also be obtained from the regional offices. (All permits expire on 12/31 of that year.) Non-commercial vehicles are exempt from the licensing requirements. See State Administration/Revenue, P16 for a listing of offices.

Go back to the:

Citizens' Guide to State Services Table of Contents

Search Citizens Information Service Home PageHome Page of the Secretary of the Commonwealth