The State House Trivia Quiz
1. The Massachusetts State House is built on the former cow pasture of which famous revolutionary patriot?
2. What is the official state insect of Massachusetts?
3. The Massachusetts Constitution of 1780 is the oldest state constitution in continuous use in the world. True or False?
4. What is the Massachusetts state motto?
5. Who was the first elected governor of Massachusetts?
6. What famous architect designed the Massachusetts State House?
7. The dome is gilded with 23 karat gold leaf. True or false?
8. What emblem is located above the cupola of the dome?
9. Who was the last U.S. President to officially to visit the State House?
10. When did Maine and Massachusetts become two separate states ?
Quiz answers: (click and drag across each box below.)
|4.||By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.|